Prowler 13 How much water in hull

***oLLy***

Hi folks,

just back from Poole, delivered the raceboat to her new home - and banked the money! Got all the Avon/Zodiac work done by Friday lunch so got the yak off the roof and unleashed her on an unsuspecting Poole harbour with a force 6-7 gusting 8 blowing. 2 foot waves very steep, half a Prowler length anyway, sometimes shorter. She coped very well, got the odd facefull of spray. Had great fun trying to troll a lure through the washed out weed so gave up fishing and just went paddling for pictures - got some good uns from a boat. Gave my camera to the Avon PR man to take some of me boat to boat. I'll posythem when I have a chance and can remember how to do it!

Great thing is after acting like a submarine for most of the faternoon - several hours anyway - there was not a single drop in the hull. The only water that got into the hull ran off my jacket when I took the hatch off to look inside. Bone dry. My kayak is one of the "inferior" 2 screw jobs too - I'm too old for 4 screws nowadays :D:D

Maybe some of the fears being expressed are unfounded and there was just a batch where the temperature got a little too high or something. I am quite happy with the way my 2 screw Prowler handled the conditions. She went into the waves beautifully and was easy to control. Fell off very quickly because she is so light, but lay beam on to the wind and remained neautral, no cocking either way (2 screws or 4 :D ). Running down wind showed she will broach if you stop paddling - keep the power on and surf the waves in and she stays steady as a rock. Excellent kayak, especially for fishing.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply