Hatch a few ideas.

Prowler

Jaffa,

Leon Franken is a mate of mine and the guy who designs and builds the kaskazi kayaks by hand - I'm going out there in January to paddle an expedition with them and do a bit of fishing. He is currently building me two of the Dorado models - got a container that I can "borrow a corner of" in a month or so. Will bring it down so you can have a go if you like - very narrow beam though, great for rough water. The lads were out the other weekend in 9m swells with .5m seas on the top fishing for yellow tails - 35kgs - 50kgs fish in those conditions! One of them got towed about 5kms and they were already 20kms out. These kayaks are built to withstand seal launches off the rocks - cored sandwich construction the same as a big racing yacht or racing powerboat. Really well built. I am thinking of getting him to make me a carbon/kevlar version of the Dorado - but it would be about R14,000 (£1400) then got to ship it, but it would weigh NOTHING - about 18kgs (40lbs)

These are really good kayaks - and not much dearer than a rotomoulded one, but they are not so easy to get on with, so not for beginers. Once mastered though they are the business.

The OK Prowler both 13 and 15 is a very good design - the 13 is perfectly neutral and lies beam on to the wind beautifully. She takes the waves well and is just a good all round yak - for a fraction of the price, and they are imported HERE so you have someone to go to if you need after sales service - a very good after sales service at that. BUT, those Kaskazis are fantastic. Form an orderly queue to play in mine behind YY, because I have already told him about them in a PM, next up is Speciman... :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

"To make temp bulkhead, use an inflateable beachball or similar"

Hooray i'm not mad (I heard that YY)

Good idea

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Prowler - Is that your head stuck in there inflated to make a bulkhead? :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Yes would you like me to post a picture ??

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15