Line caught Herring?

mahoo

Marine Conservation Society says:

ADVICE

Herring stocks in the North Sea are currently within safe biological limits.Purse seines and pelagic trawl fisheries can result in cetacean by-catch.The best choice to make is herring caught in the drift net fishery in Thames (London) Blackwater, which is certified as an environmentally responsible fishery by the Marine Stewardship Council.

http://www.fishonline.org/advice/eat/?item=14

Greenpeace don't like fussy details about whether they are talking nonsense or not. I've seen them defend recycling material which would have been better incinerated for energy with the same kind of "It's the thought that counts" attitude that they used when they got it wrong about the Brent Spar.

I also support some of the stuff greenpeace do but I have sent them an email on this one as I think they have got their facts wrong and members of the public will be walking in to their local fishmongers and having asked for line caught species that do not generally get line caught, will be going home hungry! :lol:

Live to fish!!

According to greenpeace you should also not eat the following:-

Cabbages grown in long lines.

Peas grown on a net

And runner beans that have been chased to the extent where it causes them stress :P:P

How about forced rhubarb ??