Sundridge Alarms

carpstar

im still using some of the original optonics and apart from being awkward to get at the battery I cant fault em. if the new ones (sundridge are now owned by daiwa i think) are anywhere near the old ones then yes they are worth the money.

Im certain they use magnets now instead of the traditional light sensing arrangemnt though so they may be less suited to some applications that the original ones exel in

I had a look at some of the optonics yesterday at the pac show and they look like a decent bit of kit plus they are that little bit different from fox delks etc that on busy waters the sound will stand out

I had a look at some of the optonics yesterday at the pac show and they look like a decent bit of kit plus they are that little bit different from fox delks etc that on busy waters the sound will stand out

Er - where exactly are you when you're fishing ? You should be by your rods in which case you know which alarms are going off. If you really need to set them to a different tone to everyone elses then I'd suggest something is majorly wrong with how you're fishing.

Rob.

Er - where exactly are you when you're fishing ? You should be by your rods in which case you know which alarms are going off. If you really need to set them to a different tone to everyone elses then I'd suggest something is majorly wrong with how you're fishing.

Rob.

some waters round here with carp in if you have 20 ft of bank to yourself your lucky and the proliferation of fox leads to lots of turned heads if your not directly watching the bobbins

Im mainly a pike angler so tend to be closer to the rods than most

the different sound certainly helps in these situations

for carp ive the gardners but prefer the optonics combined with original et backbiters

{2008 ditor's Note - for cheap bite alarms, please visit http://www.bite-alarm.co.uk/}