11 replies to this topic

#11 The Flying Tench

The Flying Tench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • Interests:general coarse fishing

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

I would think it must be a bit of a rush fishing that new stretch. My spies ae everywhere!

A bit late in the day this season but where will you be pitched up on the first day? I'll be at Marsh Farm on Friday and river action will commence on a new bit of the upper Thames for me on Sunday. Very much looking forward to twirling 'pins again.

john clarke

#12 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:27 AM

Shame - I feel your pain in loosing the trophy, despite the reports in the comics, its not as easy as it appears.  Still 9 biteless hours in the sun is better than catching bream I guess!  Mind you  - a 9 hour golf round  - either you loitered outside the halfway house eating bacon sarnies in biblical quantities or you must have posted the highest score ever :-) 

See you on the Thames some time.  I fished south stoke wednesday tea time through till 10pm and had a few nice roach and silver bream but it was hard to get through the small stuff.  Lots of surface strikes though, but no interest in liveys.

I'm planning a south stoke trip either today or tomorrow, did wonder about being bleaked out though. The Upper Thames stretch I tried yesterday has potential, I had a good day with perch and chublets and a couple of small barbel were caught by other anglers. Annoyingly the venue is used for matches almost every Saturday of the season, the ticket was cheap enough though so I'll just have to put up with that.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back