UKs First Kayakfishing Tournament.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi All.

Very early days I know, but I would like to get some idea now, of numbers attending the Tournament, which will be held at Sandy Bay Exmouth Devon.

Haveing given it some thought, it may be better for us to launch from Orcombe Point Exmouth, and then paddle to the bay.

The paddle is fairly short, and takes about 20 mins to reach the fishing grounds.

This way, we will have no problems with the holliday camp, and crowded beaches.

We plan a Bar-B-Que after the Tournament and already have volunteers to do the cooking. :)

Before we get to excited,please let me know if your up for it.

Was thinking about the Bank Holliday weekend in May.........What do you think????? SUNDAY 29th.

YY :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ocean Kayak Scrambler - very very stable!!!

Fish off Abbotsbury mainly - can manage to 3 1/2ft swell no probs! Good fun and loads more fish than beach!!!!

Clive

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

Yakity,

Brilliant, count me in, I may have another fully rigged Yak available nearer to the time, but will let you know for certain nearer the date.

Are you going to do this as a rolling date, just in case of the weather, ie Saturday, Sunday, Monday first clear day go for it, they do this with Surf and Windsurfing competitions, works well, everybody gets drunk if the conditions are wrong, brilliant.

I've got some contacts I've made through AnglersAfloat if you like I'll make contact and let them know the suggested date.

I'll send you a mail over the weekend, keep your eyes open for it.

SM

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

This sounds like a laugh, am up for this if I get my sea kayak in time... Am currently after a OK prowler 15, done some fishing from a kayak before, but its all been flyfishing. Want to start sea fishing from a kayak in the uk, this sounds like the perfect 'baptism of fire' !!!

Welcome to AN nolan. This is a good group here and even the Yak crowd are mostly sane. Mostly. Sort of.

:D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Cheers mate...

Yakkers can be a bit mental... last one I went fishing with regularly fishes for sarratoga from his kayak in Northern australia. apparently the crocs dont worry him much... Sod that!

Nolan,

Was speaking to the UK importer for OK yesterday, they have got Prowler 15's in stock, but have sold out of the 13's.

Andy Biggs Windsurfing on Hayling Island did have a second hand Prowler 15, it was a little while ago that I saw it, may still be in stock, you should be able to find them on Yell.co.uk.

Good to have you onboard :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com