UKs First Kayakfishing Tournament.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

Re the Tournament.

To make things less complicated on the first event.

The Tournament will be a Bass Only day.

All fish to be witnessed, weighed, and returned with care a.s.a.p.

The reason behind this is, untill we figure a way to keep our catches alive, to wiegh and release,I think its the way to go.

We dont want to be takeing fish dead to a weigh in, just to earn a trophie or prize.

When we figure a way to keep our catches alive to weigh and release, we can open up to other species.

I hope you all agree to this one.

Yakity.

yes yakity,

that was what sickened me about the only match i ever attended, bags of fish killed, weighed & dumped. i fish to eat, if i cant or dont want to eat what ive caught then i want to return it alive asap.

barney, my boy, caught a specimin scad last year, but we wouldnt kill & weigh it just for a certificate, thats just not right.

how about using length instead of weight as a datum, seeing how scales bounce around so much at sea, this is a friendly tournament after all :)

YY - a thought for you.

How about using length rather than weight? Usually a quicker measurement to get and removes the issue of scale calibration.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President