KAYAK FISHING

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi All,

I would like to know if there are any other KAYAK fisherman amounst us.

A friend and myself fish from Kayaks here in Devon.I was hopeing to promote the sport via an article with the Sea Angler, I e mailed them with the idea, but they have not replied. a sad reflection realy ?

Kayak fishing is very big in the u.s.a. there are several clubs fishing there.

The type of KAYAKS used are called sit on top Kyaks, a bit like an elaberate surf board realy.

Most of the Kayaks are easey to customise to suit most fishing needs. Rigging the yaks ready to fish is fun in itself, all manner of things you can do with them.

The advantages of yak fishing are numerous. no launching problems from busey slipways, no fuel costs,no expensive maintenance, and keeping fit while you fish. I have often been on a beach looking across at a spot Id love to fish, but could not get too,or seen action on the water just out of range of the lure,with the yak you CAN get there.

There is more to it than just buying a Yak and ventureing out to sea,thought must be given to your own abilities and fitness first.

SAFETY EQUIPTMENT also needs thinking about,its a MUST to wear a bouyancy aid at ALL times,and a good idea to fish with a buddy

Correct clothing is another factor,we all know it can get chilly out on the water on the best of days. Protection from the sun,wear a hat and use sun screen.

Well, i hope this has been interesting to some of you?,and hopefully planted the seed to get more of us out there in KAYAKS fishing, it realy is good fun.

There are some good sites on the net under KAYAK FISHING take a look and be amazed at the achivements there.

Contact me and let me know your thoughts on the subject.....who knows we could start something very big here in our fishing community.

SAFE AND HAPPY FISHING.

Funny you should mention kayaks, I was going to import 10 of them but first I wanted to do sea trials with a one off. I was quite willing to pay for it and the shipping (+19% NL VAT) if they would let me have one for the distributors price and not the resale price. They were not willing to do this so I dumped the idea, shame really as there was $44.000 available from my group. The ones that I was looking at had 2 rod rests and an adjustable padded seat as standard.

I think that kayaks would be ideal for harbour/inshore/lake/river fishing. We have even seen people in belly boats at sea

total sea fishing might be a better choice of magazine and probably the fly fishing mags.

Good luck and stay safe.

Alan

[ 25. April 2004, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Dear Alan,

Dont be put off by your initial efforts.

Also think yourself lucky that you were unable to import 10 Kayaks !!!

Chooseing a Kayak is a very personal thing,there is a lot to think about on an individual level.

your height,and wieght,play a big part in your choice of Yak.Can you remember the name of the yaks you were interested in ??

Yakity - Yak - if anyone asks you about where or from whom to buy such a boat, feel free to recommend. But done as it was here where none had asked it comes across as spam. As such, it is now deleted. - Newt

[ 26. April 2004, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

Yakity - Yak:

Dear Alan,

Dont be put off by your initial efforts.

Also think yourself lucky that you were unable to import 10 Kayaks !!!

It's no skin off my nose, and from the private responses that I have had I would have no problem shifting 10+.

As for your original topic, well I hate to admit it but you baited your hook very well and I took the bait :o If you want to advertise your mates canoes then talk to Elton, his rates are very reasonable.

I am reporting this topic to the mods as I think you on your second only topic are using this forum for your own ends :o or your mates at least.

Nite.

Alan

Dear Alan

Im sorry you have taken this attitude to my reply to you, this only highlights what i am trying to say, for you to import 10 KAYAKS and impart them to other people without proper knowledge would be unfair to your collective 10 and yourself.

as for advertiseing MY MATES (as you put it business) you are way off track. All Im doing is trying to point any interested fisherman in the right direction to buy a Yak ,instead of comeing through someone like you who obviously knows very little about the sport.Or the safety implications therein.

By all means report me to whoever,if I have upset anyone then I appolagise, but from where Im sitting I think you are just embarrased to have been shown to be unknowlageable regarding this subject.

If other users can offer web sites for tackle etc, then I should be able to offer fisherman a lead to getting a Kayak if they so wish, and from a reputable dealer who would have thier best interests at heart.

So on that note before you make rediculous accusations towards others, THINK BEFORE YOU ENGAGE YOUR MOUTH.

I would also invite these so called PRIVATE RESPONSEs to contact ME and disscuss the issue further, or is that all hot air also.

SAFE AND HAPPY FISHING

KIND REGARDS BILL SHERMAN

quote:

Originally posted by Yakity - Yak:

[QB] Dear Alan

Im sorry you have taken this attitude to my reply to you, this only highlights what i am trying to say, for you to import 10 KAYAKS and impart them to other people without proper knowledge would be unfair to your collective 10 and yourself.QB]

READ the words Mr. I wanted to do sea trials on ONE kayak in the interests of the safety of my fellow anglers.

Try advertising on ebay, its nearly free.

Do you really think that I would be willing to invest money in a product without researching it first? then you don't know me.

You are the weakest link, GOOD BYE :P as far as I am concerned.

My email address is available as is my snail mail address, we try to avoid slanging matches on AN which is why we have PM's and email addresses available :rolleyes:

This is my last comment on your topic on AN :mad:

Alan

Tel/fax 0031786153600, a.taylor@zonnet.nl

Oltmansstraat 21

3351EE papendrecht

Holland

Mr Taylor :P

Yakity - Yak - not a good start if you intend to post on the forum. Alan has been here since near the beginning and with his total posts standing at over 4800 we all have a pretty good idea of who he is.

For now, I'll just close this since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere good.

Sort of a shame too since Kayak fishing might be in interesting thing for some of our members.

[ 26. April 2004, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President