A national sea licence. would it be unfair?

stavey

Ken Davison South Wales:

It did state there should be licences for purchasers of wholesale fish and some form of tracking into the retail and commercial markets but nothing firm.

I've been sent all the forms!

Buyers and Sellers need to register by 1st July to be sure of registration by implementation on 1st September.

The explanatory notes are too long and too boring to post here.

(Wurzel let me know if you need the forms!)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay money, get drowned in beaurocracy, everything asked for is being done, but is it?

The only loosers in a sea fishing licence will be the anglers. Do you really want to find out?

Lets for instance take the much publicised identity card.

First it was voulantary, then you would be fined £2,000 plus if you were found with out one. The next thing is your credit card will be linked to your id card. You go to a car boot sale, every penny you spend has to go through your id card into a little machine which everyone has to have, just like a mobile phone.(maybe even a mobile phone)

For the benefit of everyone surely!!!

Would you be happy with that?

This is what beaurocracy and control is about. Its not about the benefit of whatever its about, its about control.

Im not really paranoid, but ill just keep taking the pills anyway.

Morning all,

I have seen this point almost hit upon several times but would like to highlight it in the cold light of day...

Some have mentioned Greepeace etc. Well I would like to ask as to whether such charities and organisations could opporate without funding? Well we all know that the answer is NO...

There is not a charity or such-like that can survive or be active without finance. All of them from the WWF to the Save the Whales fund would come to a grinding hault without money. For no money means no way of mobilising.

In this resepct I see that the money raised by us anglers for a rod licence could be our means to mobilse, our way of gaining a political voice that cannot be ignored, and our way of funding a sort of 'Save our Sea' appeal. From tiny acorns do mighty Oaks grow.

Something that has been greatly frowned upon is the fact that our hobby would be more in the hands of the government. I say that it does not have to be this way, for why can't this rod licence be regulated and issued by an angling body as selected by us.

Make the licence volentary like a charity, with the money being raised used to target areas of great concern...??? It's just an idea and I know there are organisations in place already that act a little in this way.

I suppose I am suggesting that a nationwide central angecy be set up by us anglers headed up by people whom we trust and feel confident with... I know, I'm going off on a tingent but I just feel that a lot more can be done than is at this time and that funding can make bigger waves than the tiny splashes we make at the moment...

[ 29. June 2005, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: JeffB ]