THE COD ARE COMING.

Guest jay_con

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winter - I've done no sea fishing that far north but from this map, it looks to me like the area we are talking about does range from 20º+ to around 14º right now.

NYC is at 40º 47'N and 73º 58'W

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Winter, you be right about the water temps.

This year during our winter the water was colder

then normal and shut down the fishing till may.

The colder water forced a lot of Cod south below

41N.

In Canada in the Bay Of Fundy hundreds of dead

Cod washed ashore.

They were killed by the cold temps of the water

during the winter.

Hmmm strange... they are trying to blame the shortage of Cod over here on Global warming, yet the colder waters of the West Coast of Scotland are devoid of Cod, yet The Warm Waters of the Channel produce all the big cod.... strange :confused: :confused:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Yes davy. I been thinking that for quite a while too. But who is it who bangs the drum on the global warming debate?

Everytime a trawlerman is interviewed in Yorkshire they blame global warming for the demise of the cod. They fail to mention how pair trawling has increased the catching power of 2 boats to that of 10.

So in theory 14 trawlers in a yorkshire port is really equal to 70 trawlers.