Lanzarote

Craig Robins

Hi Craig.Where u going to on Lanzarote?

Have fished at Costa Teguise a few times.You can fish from the man made rock breakwaters,or the harbour.As a coarse angler,i took tele rod chubber type floats,6lb b/s line and a mix of leads for ledgering.Float produced a mix of small fish, including Wrasse i think;only small but they did go a bit.Think some of the better fish are to be caught on the bottom,as managed to pull out of some better fish whilst ledgering.There are mullet to be caught as well.Have also seen some kind of ray close to the breakwaters.As for bait,Bread paste,small strips of squid and prawns all worked,probably bread the better bait.Hope this helps

regards chris. :)

Craig.The harbour(if u can call it that) can be popular.A better bet is to go to the main beach(las chucharas),dont know if thats correct spelling!!!!,that is to the left of the harbour as u face it,walk along the beach path towards a promintory,you will be able to see shops,bars etc,cut through the centre of the shops and re join the beach(leaving mum and dad in the shops :D .A little further on is a man made breakwater.It is a bit uncomfortable(all big rocks),worth the walk as it is much quieter there,and also the beach is nice that end as well.Enjoy :cool:

chris

I'm going next November. Don't know wether I dare fish though. What on earth are those crabs I saw on Tenerife? There were MILLIONS of 'em! I walked down to sea level on the breakwater at Puerto Colon and they were just like giant spiders crawling all over. They could climb the rocks vertically as well. Every dark crevice I looked down, there were crabs. If I dropped my bait into a crack they attacked it.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Dregged this posting up in the hope people could add to it, after seenig posts about Madeira etc.

Off to Lanzarote in the summer (end of May) with wife and kiddies and hoping that I might be able to do some fishing, either from shore or some of the charter boats in Puerto del Carmen.

Any assistance most welcome. Can you rent shore rods and gear anywhere on the island - bitof a long odd job but you can only ask~!?

Kieran Hanrahan

Catch this release... www.sea-angling-ireland.org