advice

ben88

i am useally an inland lake and canal type perso (living in the westmidlands this is the only option) but i useually go camping to wales, around the harlech area and i was wondering if i could use my carp/match rods for sea fishing with lures or other methods and how i wud go about this (what lines hooks types of lures etc.

any advice at all will be brill.

cheers

hmmmm really

Carp rods should do fine unless you plan to hook into some real monsters. No idea what a match rod is so can't help there.

As to line, hooks, etc. - best bet would be to check with a local tackle shop once you get near where you plan to fish.

A caution though - freshwater gear is OK for occasional salt water use but you absolutely have to rinse it well in lots of fresh water when you finish for the day. Reels, rods (rings and reel clamp especially), lures, all of it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Carp rod 2 3/4 tc and Abu Cardinal855 loaded with 10lb line is my main float rod for South Parade Pier (Southsea) ...... I made some balsa 'Chubber-type' floats to take up to 20 gms. size 6 carp hooks and small sliver of mackerel to match the size of fry. Garfish/pollack/bream/mackerel/scad/bass and shad.

Also excellent for spinning and plug fishing.

Not a lot of good in rough conditions, though.

so what line and type of lures would i need to use with my 2.5lb tc carp rod for shore lure fishing, just bas a rough guide.

i saw themon tv matt hayes i think it was in wales at the gower penninsular whipping out mullets by the dozen and thought i woold give it a go.

hmmmm really

ben88:

i am useally an inland lake and canal type perso (living in the westmidlands this is the only option) but i useually go camping to wales, around the harlech area and i was wondering if i could use my carp/match rods for sea fishing with lures or other methods and how i wud go about this (what lines hooks types of lures etc.

any advice at all will be brill.

cheers