Teddington Weir - Perch

Dan G

Happy new year everyone!

Just seen an elderly chap pull out an impressive perch from the Thames at Teddington. He said the area was known for them and that he'd caught lots on spinners, worms and small deadbaits over the years.

Has anyone fished here for Perch - or indeed anything else? I fancy giving it a go...

One weekend in January - or more than one if its any good! Have you fished down there before?

No but I've been using this extended weekend to earmark new places to check out and according to TFL Teddington Lock is a mere 90 min from my door with a good tale wind.

Tony

Snap... thats what I was doing, but had to dress it up as a 'nice walk' for the girlfriend!!!

I'm very keen to give it a bash though - looked excellent today, and seeing the bloke pull out a nice perch really got my appetite whetted!!!

FYI, I think it s a drive to site - the station was a long way from the river, from what i could work out. Could be some real monsters lurking around the moored boats I think and i'm not sure they get fished for 'properly' very often if todays anglers were anything to go by...!

I'm very keen to give it a bash though - looked excellent today, and seeing the bloke pull out a nice perch really got my appetite whetted!!!

was he float or feeder fishing ?

FYI, I think it s a drive to site - the station was a long way from the river, from what i could work out. Could be some real monsters lurking around the moored boats I think and i'm not sure they get fished for 'properly' very often if todays anglers were anything to go by...!

TFL says its a 22 minute bus right from Richmond station to Ferry Road

Tony

was he float or feeder fishing ?

TFL says its a 22 minute bus right from Richmond station to Ferry Road

Guys looks like there is a slipway by the footbridge off ferry lane does anyone know if its a public one and is there car parking there thanks in advance Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Guys looks like there is a slipway by the footbridge off ferry lane does anyone know if its a public one and is there car parking there thanks in advance Steve.

Fishing into Teddington weir stream (tidal) from the island between the 2 footbridges. There is no fishing from the Lock Island or laybys. For more information contact the lock keeper on 020 8940 8723.
Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

He was fishing a worm under a big grayling/avon style float on the side of the river nearest the pubs.

I parked on a road adjacent, up near a hotel and conference centre and wandered down. A couple of nice pubs on the bit where i accessed - one called The Anglers (always a good sign!!!) and the other called Tide End.

Water was nice a clean and clear - might make spinning good, with another rod on the red maggot or worm... or a dead gudgeon!

Thinking of launching my boat in there to have a go around the weir pool any info about the launching site car parking would be great,thanks again steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: