Fishing in Northumberland

Guest NickInTheNorth

Guest NickInTheNorth

I'm supposed to be visting Northumberland between the 7th and 14th August. Jill, Caitlin and Eilish get to visit the Alnwick Music Festival every day. Poor me has to find something to do, so I thought I'd try fishing! :D

I'm looking for suggestions for boat and shore fishing, so if you have any suggestions for me don't be shy.

Guest NickInTheNorth

Thanks for the info Tony and Charlton. Are there any boats that I may be able to get a day or two fishing on from Seahouses or Amble (or anywhere else)?

Any decent tackle shops about, do they sell bait?

Yes I've been to the festival a few times, and you're right, always good crack in the market place.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: come August time you could get mackerel from Blyth Pier, the beaches will through up dabs, maybe the Tyne might through something up. There's a boat called the Roco that goes out from Amble it coast £25 a time for a wrecking party not sure if he does a £15 trip or not will ask the guy for you. There's a lot of trout fishing around here, some of the lakes you can use worm on with a float, but most of them you have to use a fly. When it get's to a couple of days before you come, just put a post up and we will tell you whats doing.

Blackvelvet

Duggie Hogg based at Craster used to do great charter trips but have lost his number. If you are not catching much he will put you over one of his wrecks for the last half hour. If you phone the Jolly Fisherman pub at Craster they may have his number.

Tight lines

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy