licence update

abu7001

It's going to be worth £20.00 for any serious Angler once the package has been put together.

IMHO i would limit the price of £20.00 per licence for the first year only, concession licences , and make them renewable to the owners each year after that for the same price of £20.00.

Then in the future once fishing has improved, and all the hard work has been done at the cost of the first licence holders, i would treble the price to everyone that want one.

So you get two choices. Pay £20.00 and support the future of fishing.

Or sit on your asses and money while others do all the work, and take all the chances that the future will be a better one for anglers, and then if you want to reap from all the hard work, you pay £60.00 every year, or more, when the fees increase.

It's a tough world. :):):)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

abu7001:

some great replies here lads well done,but would the licence cover 1 or two rods, it could cost you £40 and not £20,think about that!!!

Where did that come from?

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, decided on any such details as that, it's all up for reasonable negotiation if any proposals go forward.

(The freshwater rod licence which may serve as a starting point, has all kinds of accomodations, including covering you for two rods on one licence, concessionary licence for juniors OAPs, no licence needed for kids, some places having a group licence so that no one fishing there needs a licence (charter boats?) etc etc?)

The package of such accomodations that might accompany a possible sea licence will be tailored to the needs of sea anglers.

So many people seem to have crystal balls!

Or do some just like to make mischief by playing devil's advocate for thrills?

It could just be the best thing that has ever happened for recreational angling (just look overseas for the evidence of that), and the only hope we've got - just think about that!

(note: I'm not saying that it will!)

Tight Lines - leon

[ 13. December 2004, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

listen mate they will try to bleed you dry,im telling you,if they say its for one rod then one rod it is,so most sea anglers will have to buy at least 2 licences,you may also have to purchase a different licence,to cover different areas,years back we had to buy licences to cover different water authorities,like thames water and anglian water,so for instance the north and south,or the east or west,or do sea anglers think they have enough clout to demand what they want,if we go by numbers,im told that there is more freshwater anglers than sea.

i would pay 20 quid if it gives are arguments any more clout? that alone is worth the money even if it done nothing to help conservation directly, im sure that would have given leon and the guys an extra string to there bow at the meeting tomorrow.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

abu7001:

listen mate they will try to bleed you dry,im telling you,if they say its for one rod then one rod it is,so most sea anglers will have to buy at least 2 licences,you may also have to purchase a different licence,to cover different areas,years back we had to buy licences to cover different water authorities,like thames water and anglian water,so for instance the north and south,or the east or west,or do sea anglers think they have enough clout to demand what they want,if we go by numbers,im told that there is more freshwater anglers than sea.

LOL!

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I've read all the arguments, for and against, in several threads recently. Indeed, in an earlier thread I threw my support behind paying for a licence.

I'll stick to my original point of view. Buying a licence is a small price to pay to have legislation put in place to protect future fish stocks. Let's be clear though - I'll only pay once the guarantees are in place.

Let's look at it another way - most people (should be all but you know what some folks are like) :) pay over £100 quid a year for a TV licence and the TV is still cr*p! Why are people on here not writing letters to the BBC everyday, sending emails and posting on forums?

In my opinion the future of fishing in this country is a much more important issue! If I'm prepared to spend £120 on TV and say feck all about a poor service then I'll bet you I'll have no problem paying a lesser amount of money for a say in how fishing in this country is managed in years to come.

Just my 2p worth :)

[ 13. December 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: 101_North ]

i dont do boat angling so excuse my ignorance but do chartered angling boats pay a license fee to take anglers out if they dont then perhaps they should as they are making a living directly from it. at the same time so should all commercials whether they be under 10mtres or 100mtres using one pot to dozens of fleets of nets. both licenses should be an annual renewable fee. if this sounds a lot of tosh then im sorry but im going bonkers with all this.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly