Which bivvy slippers/shoes

smalltincup

Pretty much that really rob, have been looking for something to get over the problem of getting to the rods when i get a take at night but not slowing me down to much that i miss the bite. Have tried sleeping with my old trainers on in the sleeping bag but getting out it is a pain.

Recently have unlaced my trainers and left them by my bed so i can swing out of bed, slip on my trainers and away. Was thinking that there must be a easier way or quicker way of getting something on my feet. Hence Bivvy slippers or crocs. As like yourself i prefer just to wear socks in the bag.

In the summer i just go bare foot, but in the cold and wet that gets a bit unpleasent.

STC

OK well I bought some of the rubberfooted sock things with that idea in mind. I wore them once and then binned them. They were not comfortable to sleep in, were quite slippery still on muddy or wet grassy banks and you still had the same problem with them getting dirty on the soles. For me the best arrangement has been the 'slip on' walking boots. Mine are waterproof so I can walk into the margins if required and warm and comfortable enough to be worn all day (except in freezing cold winter weather).

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

• 1 year later...

I recently wrote a little piece about my bivvy slippers / shoes. When I typed the term into Google, guess which forum thread came near the top? :D

Anyway, I still have the same Croc-Offs and mentioned them here:

http://www.fishing-boots.co.uk/articles/191-bivvy-slippers

I've used them every day and evening on holiday for the past two years, too. Not bad for under a tenner!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi All

Had forgotten all about this post, am not really any futher forward on this problem at the moment, have chopped up a pair of old trainers but still not ideal. I ended up buying a pair of sealskinz water proof socks, these help but as still on the lookout or a quicker way to get to the rods but I feel it may be as good as it gets or a while.

Looking forward to xmas as a or two new fishing things are coming my way like a new set of GFs bite alarms have been using a set of GFx for a while and love them. Was gunna ask for the wireless ones but could not really afford them compared to the amount of fishing I do. May be in the future thou. I now Phil has been working away on them and hopes to get them on the market in the new year.

Any road hope you all have a good xmas and a wonderful new year. As for me I plan to break my PB of 24lb 5oz that i have been stuck on for the last 3 yrs.

Take it eay guys and girls

Happy xmas.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I find rubber garden clogs are ideal - no strap to get in the way like the Crocs:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Slip-Garden-...sxp_grid_pt_1_0

They'll do the job, Davy.

I actually prefer to have the strap, as I feel they're more secure if submerged. Buoyant footwear has a tendency to liberate itself if it's not bolted to my feet :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Morning All

Will check them out in the new year, may even order a pair, Fishrite did a pair of bivvy slippers that looked a bit like that but stopped making the large sized ones which was a pain, shame cause they looked mint and just what I needed.

http://www.nwac.co.uk/products/Fishrite_Bi...s-3955-627.html

Any road cheers guys

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I still swear by my slip on walking boots. Good grip and waterproof (up to a point) and slip straight on in seconds. Davy's clogs sound ok, but my boots can also be worn all day (and are warm). As I said above (last year) the sock / slipper things are really just not practical and seem to combine the worst rather than the best features. Add to slipperyness, little protection from stones and sticks etc and they just become a hindrance (IMHO). Still the only time my boots have been out of the house this year is to take the rubbish out to the dustbin in the snow, fishing is almost a forgotten art for me now :(

Rob.