Boat Fishing Monthly - Mullet

Leon Roskilly

A good response in the June issue (out now) to the letters recieved from mullet anglers, following the article in a previous edition about a guy earning his livelihood by netting mullet and selling them in a pub.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hello Leon.

What have I been saying about BFM? Run by boat fishers for boat fishers. You got an appology from both the editor and the author. What chance of getting either, from one of the other sea fishing glossies?

But I have to stick up for Jim Whippy. Stewarts articles are meant to show the other side of the coin. I.e the small commercial boys.

These are the locals that look for a modest living alongsides our charter skippers. Not the fat-cats with several super trawlers on their books.

I know they don`t hold any specific species in awe, unlike some of us pleasure anglers. Bit like farmers when you think about it. Get too attached to the beasts and you`ll go bankrupt in double swift time?

And you got your pic on the editorial page!!

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!