Bass From North Beaches

blindog

Hi loking for some info on beach fishing for bass :)

Aim is to come up and try Dunnet areas in summer :D

Any info on Locations ,Bait ,tackle would be a help :P

Had some good info already but when and how the fishing is going would be aboost :)

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Well spanner caught a couple last weekend from a beach up here, lugworm is the best bait also try lures in the summer.

thurso

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

blindog if you are planning having a go up here give me a shout and we can meet up and have a go at them?

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

"Forza Dons"

Blindog, Dunnet is a very good Bass mark and one that I have no problems about saying on the net, as there will be no gill netters coming to take them away or trawlers trying to sweep them all up (It's nice having a salmon river in the bay :D ).

As Thurso said lug works very well and is easily dug from the beach at low water (even better dig as you are fishing back up the beach then as the tide comes in this helps hold the fish, they like that disturbance in the sand).

As for tackle you'll only need light rod and line if the bass is all you are targeting as you won't need to cast far and you are only looking at a couple of pound Bass at the moment (give it a few more years and you never know ).

If when you come up you fancy some company fishing let me know and I'll come along with you and if your up here for a while and fancy doing some exploratory fishing I know of a few beaches that are dying to be tried that could bring in some interesting species.

PS If you're here in the summer Dunnet Beach also holds the Scottish record for Gilthead Bream.

Cheers for info spanner :) thurso & Stuart Cheers lads will def give a shout when i plan my trip up in your area . :D:)

I work offshore with a lad from Thurso ----Sandy Macdonald He`s into the boat fishing side of it .

Seen afew pics oh him with Porgies.

thurso -- STAND FREE -- RED ARMY no12.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

Nil Desperandum

Ha ha, STAND FREE, i take it you are a dandy!?

I think i know sandy, not sure though what age is he??

"Forza Dons"

Late 40s i wid say.

Yeh Dandy Dons 4 Europe!!!!! demon :D

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

Nil Desperandum

blindog:

Late 40s i wid say.

Yeh Dandy Dons 4 Europe!!!!!   demon      :D  

Not to sure if i do know him although a lot of my mates work offshore, i hope you are right, although we have had a poor run of late! :mad:

"Forza Dons"

Not to sure if i do know him although a lot of my mates work offshore, i hope you are right, although we have had a poor run of late! :mad: :(

Sure you will, he usually fishes off Carl Ferrier's boat.

[ 02. February 2005, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: The Big Man ]

The Big Man