Barbel/Chub Fishing

cranswallow

Hi,

:)

I am thinking of joining the Vauxhall angling club and am trying to get some information of fishing the Gt Ouse at Harrold near Olney. I don't know much about fishing for either species nor the water concerned and would appreciate any information and advice anybody can offer.

They only got the rights to Harold last year i think so i dont know much about that section.

As for the rest of the river venues. At this time of year i would have chose to fish either the Ivel at the common or Kempston. With the Ivel you really need to go with someone that knows it as there are some very baren areas where only 1 peg in 500 yds will produce. Also even for the bigger chub dont assume its a big baits approach most of my large chub from the Vauxhall sections have come from stick float fished maggots.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

they have kempston from queens park to church end. I dont think the barbel have shown there yet i was really on about the chub. For the barbel its still radwell and felmersham, though i expect Harold holds few aswell

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

they have kempston from queens park to church end. I dont think the barbel have shown there yet i was really on about the chub. For the barbel its still radwell and felmersham, though i expect Harold holds few aswell

Also have a look at Verulum AC, they also have fishing at Radwell and Felmersham (they have the opposite bank to Vauxhall) plus the islands at felmersham, and Verulum is currently taking end of season memberships (just in case you can't get into vauxhall).

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Also have a look at Verulum AC, they also have fishing at Radwell and Felmersham (they have the opposite bank to Vauxhall) plus the islands at felmersham, and Verulum is currently taking end of season memberships (just in case you have any trouble getting into vauxhall).

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Also have a look at Verulum AC, they also have fishing at Radwell and Felmersham (they have the opposite bank to Vauxhall) plus the islands at felmersham, and Verulum is currently taking end of season memberships (just in case you have any trouble getting into vauxhall).

Thanks to all who answered my question. I went a walk around Harrold Park yesterday and was shocked at the large number of cormorants roosting and nesting there. Maybe I do need to find another location because whilst Barbel and chub may prove too large for them to dine on the prospects for any silver fish looks poor - if there are any left. I will look into the Verulum option - thanks.