floating feeder!!!

bluezulu

ok guys I think I know what bz is talking about.

Only because I saw it in this weeks angling times under the " new tackle" heading.

It is as bz has already said a swimfeeder.

no float just a swim feeder. It dosn't look unlike the kamasan feeders but instead of a black cap it has an orange cap, and instead of sinking, it floats and i presume the orange cap acts as a visible bite indicator when it disappears under water. is this it bz?

http://www.feedersdirect.co.uk/uk_shop/chomper.html

it looks like an an interesting idea to me.

fat, stupid hobbit.

frodo the angler was called steve cooke who was using what i can only describe as a normal plastic maggot feeder with the wait removed.

i think he had a pice of foam rubber in side the feeder to make it float and fishing with a short hook length! strange i know but thats what he was doing! i guess the feeder in your link does the same job.cheers frodo.

I've used something like a maggot feeder on a float. Very succesfull on my local lake when the carp are feeding up in the water but not feeding on the surface.

Hope this helps

[ 13. August 2004, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: waddis ]