Carp And Coarse Angler

Elton

Despite knowing both the Consultant Editor (Terry Doe - a.k.a. Wordbender) and Sub Editor (Rosie Barham a.k.a. lots of names, most not suitable for publication), I'd never seen a copy of Carp And Coarse Angler until yesterday, when issue 3 landed on my door.

I'll probably write a review for the main site later, so will keep this brief, but it seems quite interesting. There is probably a bit more carp content than there is 'other fish' content, but it's unusual in that you have proper articles about all manner of coarse fishing, without thousands of adverts. The articles themselves are, on the whole, quite lengthy, too.

I'll ring Terry or Rosie later and get the full story, but I know that it's available from W H Smith and independent newsagents, so may well be worth a look.

At £3.75, it's not the cheapest fishing magazine, but if the quality is good (which it looks to be at first glance), then it may well be worth the money.

They've got a website here:

http://www.carpandcoarseangler.com/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I picked up a copy of the 2nd edn in WH Smiths and noticed Wordbender in the credits! I'm often critical of the angling press, but this is one of the few magazines I would definitely recommend. Worth the money, and then some.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Had not noticed this mag before but i picked up a copy in W.H.Smiths yesterday.Some interesting stuff in there and has already been mentioned not a lot of the pages are taken up by advertising.Terry Hearn's article on a day at Barton Court was very interesting ending up as he did with a few of their notoriously tricky roach and dace.

I rang Terry Doe today. He was actually out doing a feature with Adrian Smith (I think) for the next mag.

Basically, it works like this:

They have a pool of 'partners', listed inside on page 5, and they are the only ones who get advertising. You can buy the magazine, as stated, or get it as part of the Cemex Angling Plus package.

I also rang Rosie Barham. She was cooking :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Im not a massive fan of it to be honest. there is far to much carp content, and some of the articles labelled 'coarse' still seem to be mostly about carp. and i havent found there to be many 'carp' writers out there that are that good to be totally honest, however, it is good to see someone doing something new, though its certainly not the first magazine to have coarse articles next to carp ones.

hopefully it will get better once it becomes more established though, isnt enough good fishing magazines out there for me.

Terry Hearn's articles are good though.