A stage on from . . .

Sutton Warrior

A little more fiddling here in PS Elements 7, compared to the basic untouched proof shots originally posted, tried B&W, what you think? Very minor cropping, a tad of unsharp and some very small adjustments to the curve. O'yes, straightened the horizon, surprising how much difference a straight horizon makes to the viewing? IMHO

4surf1colDSC_0261.jpg

1A

4surf1BWlDSC_0261.jpg

Same stand, but different camera settings, I like the sky in this one?

4surf2colaDSC_0262.jpg

2A

4surf2BWaDSC_0262.jpg

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Very nice shots SW. Do you think Elements 7 has much to offer over 6?

Thanks DelJ,

I have gon from 4 direct to 7, had 5 but it kept crashing my computer!! Now have new computer so got in at the deep end, found a copy of 'Elements v 7' for £30 on Amazon. The media say, 6 to 7 is not much change, so I would say if you understand and are happy with v.6 probably best stick?

I have ony just started using 7, so still a bit green, getting to like it though . . . waiting for the new 'how to' book covering Elements 7, by Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski, due end of April, highly recomended, they say, if their 'Ev.6' offereing is anything to go by?

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Hope you don't mind, but I just a very quick play with it. Just burnt a bit more detail into the sky and sea......

sutton.jpg

It gets better, :thumbs:

Not to hot on PS'ing, waiting for 'Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowskis book on Elements 7' to hit the book shelves in late April? Will be my 62nd birthday present! I find all but simple manipulating a problem, hoping a book at my 'ABC' level??? in front of me will help? You may know, I have a low level of dyslexia, its very frustrating, like having parts of a jigsaw puzzle missing in my mind, or bridges missing over ravines, you can see where, but how??? :unsure:

That little extra helps the picture, its the better sea of the two. IMHO :thumbs:

SW