Reflections . . .

Sutton Warrior

Had a bit of time recently to reflect on past and recent happenings . . . Happily Hazel looks like she is out of the wood health wise? still got a few och-es and ouch-es . . . but that part of being in the trainee classes for OAP's ;) We (the Royal 'we') are looking forward to spring, Hazel is itching to get going with the D40X. I'm waiting patiently for the bass to come in the river. We are both looking forward to spending quality time on the boat, warm balmy evenings, glass of wine in hand watching the world go by, heaven. The new computer is doing its thing brilliantly and my new toy Sigma 10-20 is tickling my fancy.

New year resolution; get to grips with RAW? . . . :huh: . . . for the time being, I'm happy with JPG, life is to short . . . :rolleyes:

These are a few more pics from the three 50 frame sessions that I have had with the Sigma. Had a little bit of a fiddle in 'Elements 7'.

Reflections:

3ReflectionfrwDSC_0340copy.jpg

Lobster pots

3lobpotsfrwDSC_0295.jpg

Surf:

4surf2colaDSC_0262.jpg

Old Wood:

3woodbowfrwDSC_0310.jpg

I'm enjoying the New lense, still plenty of issues with my handling :P

SW

New year resolution; get to grips with RAW? . . . :huh: . . . for the time being, I'm happy with JPG, life is to short . . . :rolleyes:

But you could still take photos in "RAW +JPEG", so at a later date you have that availability if needed, which is what I said right at the beggining of your RAW adventure.

Steve...;)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

But you could still take photos in "RAW +JPEG", so at a later date you have that availability if needed, which is what I said right at the beggining of your RAW adventure.

Steve...;)

Thanks Steve, yes you are right, feeling a bit :bangin: at the moment, frustration with life, I want to get on with it! . . . :huh::P There is no reason why I should not take JPG+RAW and just file the RAW for the future. Its simply the matter of sorting and filling each individual RAW pic. The camera seems not to present a set of JPG's with a set of seperated RAW's, it presents JPG+RAW, JPG+RAW . . . etc. Do you know of a way that I can batch sort with the computer? Sounds lazey . . . yes, its is I supose, perhaps I'm missing a trick? or the program makers are, a gap in the market???

The 'Lobster Pot' pic., colour wise, is, prity well, as it came out of the camera, I think I upped the contrast a tad, with a hint of un sharp, but both were used very sparingly, infact, I'm finding the Sigma 10-20 often does not need any sparpening. The majour 'PS-Elements' work was on destortion, to streighten things up. Can we use destortion corection in competition photos Steve?

SW

I'm not sure how elements works, it must have a file navigator of sorts and in that I would expect a file filter to show only jpegs. Best thing is to google it mate and take your time with it as a lot depends on how you have your system setup, and what you have installed.

All normal manipulations are allowed in the comps, adding and removing items in particular are what is disallowed..therefore making a photo you did not capture.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Do you know of a way that I can batch sort with the computer? Sounds lazey . . . yes, its is I supose, perhaps I'm missing a trick? or the program makers are, a gap in the market???

SW

Does elements come with Bridge?? I believe you can do many magical things like sorting files and batch processing in Bridge.

I know CS2 has it as does CS4.

I'm surprised you aren't using CS2 or at least giving it a whirl? ;) ;) ;)

Yup..cs2 is what you should be using if you have it...no more complicated than elements...and miles better.

You can then use bridge, which in itself is a cracking program and sort your files to show what you want...so you already have the capability to do as you want.

bridgee.gif

These are the filters on how to display your files, use "size" and your jpegs will be shown at top in the viewing window..

Steve...:)

Focal Planet