Ready to have a bash at RAW processing!

Snatcher

What software do I need?

How do I climb onto the first rung of that RAW ladder?

All relpies in non-technical language that an old techniphobe can understand please :wheelchair::help::unsure::blink::unsure:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What software do I need?

How do I climb onto the first rung of that RAW ladder?

All replies in non-technical language that an old technophobe can understand please :wheelchair::help::unsure::blink::unsure:

Snatcher,

You have CS2 do you not?? ;) ;) ;)

Just make sure you have downloaded the latest "Camera Raw" file from here. Follow the instructions on how to install it and Bob's your uncle you will have the power to process in RAW.

Edited by Colin Brett

Snatcher,

You have CS2 do you not?? ;) ;) ;)

Just make sure you have downloaded the latest "Camera Raw" file from here. Follow the instructions on how to install it and Bob's your uncle you will have the power to process in RAW.

Just had a flying visit from Young Snatcher (BSc in Computing) so I showed him this thread.He tried to download the plugin you suggested but he said that is was not compatable with myversions of CS2 or CS3. Where should I go from here team?????

All ideas welcome :blink::help: :help: :help:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Just had a flying visit from Young Snatcher (BSc in Computing) so I showed him this thread.He tried to download the plugin you suggested but he said that is was not compatable with myversions of CS2 or CS3. Where should I go from here team?????

All ideas welcome :blink::help: :help: :help:

OK try this link

and read this to make sure you install it in the correct place.

Colin :clap: :clap: :clap::sun: :sun: :sun:

Will give it a go over the weekend Colin. :thumbs: Also just took a picture in raw and went to download it to the hard drive and got the message file in incorrect format!! :huh:

Oh dear have not even got out of the stable door and fell off. God loves a trier though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

New camera, old program?????

Means nothing to an old techniphobe !!! Young man! :o

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Means nothing to an old techniphobe !!! Young man! :o

I was hoping one of the techies on sit would pick up on this mate. It seems that RAW comes in all shapes and sizes according to make and model of camera. So, Canon produce a new camera model with new RAW software . . . PhotoShop a couple of years old not compatable with the new Canon camera. Not a disaster as Adobe do produce patches (updates, eventualy) to cover the new cameras, look on the Adobe site for updates to your prgoram, they will also list camers covered.

This is what I suspect is the case with your camera? Although I dont know the vintage of your CS program, or how new the camera software is, hence, the heads up coment with '??' It may not even be the above, I might be ****ing in the wind :rolleyes:

Two old techniphobes together I'm afraid mate . . . been trying to drag me-myself into the 21st centuary for a long time . . . I dont realy wana go! but there seems little option, I do like it when I get it right though :lol:

Out for a Valentines (holding hands :wub: ) walk this morning along the sea front and walking area for the dog, weather is very nice here, light will be a bit 'hard' but we will take the cameras, might get a photo oportunity or three :D Watch this space . . .

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Thanks Colin and SW.Will have a "stumble" around the Internet now.Wish me well :headhurt: If I get assimilated by an iffy silicon chip on my travels it has been nice knowing everyone on this forum :bye1:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair