Cow Green Reservoir, Teesdale.

Guest franticfisherman2

Guest PhilB

This is where I was yesterday, 770 acres of upland water, fishery record 4 lb 8 oz;

001.jpg

I caught some lean and hungry wild brownies only up to 10" but there are much bigger fish in there;

002.jpg

I also found some of these stonefly nymph shucks which were all of 1 1/2" long excluding the tails!

003.jpg

this is a "multi-bait" fishery so maybe I should use a dead mackerel to catch the elusive big 'uns - unless some one has a better idea..... :confused:

Guest PhilB

Jim, you're a genius - why didn't I think of that Unfortunately, when I checked the rules that Northumbrian Water PLC have in place for their multibait reservoirs, the only deadbaits allowed are sea fish! Looks like joeys, sprats or a big bunch of lobs will have to do. :D I could try your "snake" but I'll need to get a hard hat. Someone who was fishing with Snatcher last week will probably have a spare one! :D

I have always fancied fishing up there or one of the high tarns in Cunmbria, How nuch is the day ticket Frantic? I am coming up for my Fiftieth at the end of August.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Here I am boy,having a few Millers - moderation being the theme

Cow Green,reminds me of a girl I once "knew" at Prudhoe :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Prudhoe Snatch, I was thinking more of the ones you used to get in the Man in the Moon or better still the Pineapple.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest PhilB

Cow Green tickets are £8/day with a bag limit of 12 thats errrr.....less than a pound per fish. Actually most people return all fish as they are generally too small to eat. That's probably because there are so many in the water - the recruitment levels are very high from the numerous feeder streams. I would guess that the large trout (I have seen fish over 5 lb) feed on the smaller ones and on bullheads.

I've seen Snatcher and the only physical damage is a sunburnt conk. There may be undetectable mental damage however! :D