Fly recommendations

Jim Erskine

Well, we now have our agenda set and reservations set. Now it's time to tie up some flies for the trip. No specific species of fish, just want to take pictures of fish caught. I'll list the areas we plan to fish and perhaps you could make some recommendations as to what is there and the fly they may like. I'll tie them up and we'll see!

August 1 through 2 - Glasgow, Scotland

Aug 2 through 4 - Oxford, England (Farmoor Reservoir?)

Aug 4 through 5 - Coniston Hotel, Coniston Cold

Skipton, North Yorkshire

Aug 5 through 6 - Glenfoot House, Dundonald near Troon in South West Scotland

Although I will support the local fly shops and purchase their best flies, being prepared is always the best thing. I am bringing my Sage 5 and 9 weight rods (trout and salmon???)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim, looks like you have your work cut out for you. I've had immense luck with a variety of klinkhamers and parachutes up to a size 10. Any type of emerger is likely to draw interest. At the moment it stays light until nearly 2300 and gets light around 0400. That leaves no time for anything else. Around Skipton you should end up with trout and grayling, not sure about anywhere else. Good luck!

I don't fish stillwaters very often -- but the flies I've mentioned should do well on rivers.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...