strange little floating island

Andy_1984

fishing at my local canal i see something out the corner of my eye, it was a little floating island. sorry about the large images i havnt time to resize them i have to go as soon as i click post new topic.

so i ran over to the next pontoon wher i could see it heading to and scooped it out -

island1.jpg

you can see lots of different plants, close up in person you could see far more in the pictures

island2.jpg

much to my suprise the entire island was made from only polystyrene. you can see the roots coming right through the bottom

island3.jpg

after the pics i returned it to complete is tour of the forth and clyde canal.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I bet the Ninja hiding underneath it was furious.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Andy. There are lots of image hosting sites but I like this one as it is quick, siple and will automatically resize any image just by clicking the appropriate box.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

FB, it was the elusive pike in there thats been using it to sneak past me, the ninjas use the bottle of buckfast :D

Andy. There are lots of image hosting sites but I like this one as it is quick, siple and will automatically resize any image just by clicking the appropriate box.

dont like image hosting sites, i prefer to use our companies webspace and make myself a private folder, i always resize them before posting them but i was just in a hurry that day but ill sort em later.

anyone else seen one of these ?

Edit: images have now been resized, if it doesnt look like it refresh this page

Edited by Andy_1984

I Deptford creek the RSPB have built small floating Islands for water fowl, But polystyrene isnt very ECO friendly so I dought if thats the case with that Island, Could it just be a old waste dumped at the canal side that nature is having a go at dealing with? time and erosion has washed it out of the canal bank?

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I Deptford creek the RSPB have built small floating Islands for water fowl, But polystyrene isnt very ECO friendly so I dought if thats the case with that Island, Could it just be a old waste dumped at the canal side that nature is having a go at dealing with? time and erosion has washed it out of the canal bank?

i suspect it is just waste and its finaly broken away from the bank. probably the remains of the packaging of someones christmas presents from a long time ago as it looked ancient.

good to see that nature is finding a use for it and adapting :)