carp society/horshoe lake

ohterry

hi all, i am toying with the idea of joining the carp society this year, firstly is there any one here already a member, secondly any one fished horseshoe,

i would dearly love to give this venue a go this year, i know you have to be a carp society member to fish it.

apart from being able to fish horshoe are there any other benefits of joining carp society, i would appreciate any ones views. thanks in advance..terry

[ 03. February 2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: ohterry ]

Not forgetting huge Rudd! I think you are being a little harsh on the society though, they do a wonderful job of bringing the kids on with the junior Carp schools and fish'ins.And you get loads of discounts for various places. But to be honest i only become a member every year so i can get on Horseshoe and Redmire! :P

TWOCHAY, do you fish h,shoe regular then m8, a party of three of us are intending to go this year (we will have to join c,s)

perhaps you could drop me a email with some info/methods to use etc etc etc, if you wouldnt mind--roachedup999@aol.com

thanks all for the above

terry

Budgie, I think I know were ya coming from there (CS and Redmire) and I tend to agree

I wouldnt say regular, I tend to go there 3 times a year for 5 days. The best advice i can give you is spend plenty of time walking the lake to find the fish, keep mobile and move to the fish if ya see them. I tend to chuck a marker out and find the many bars or weed bed edges and spod out pellet and hemp (Not to much though) I did really well on the enterprise plastic corn last year. Also hallibut pellets work well and any good quality boilie. Do not disregard stalking, i have the majority of my fish walking the banks with a stalking rod and plenty of worms and dog biscuits! (Oh and dont forget your maggots for those hugeeee Rudd!)

BUDGIE:

CS and Redmire now theres a subject I could be realy harsh on :mad: :mad:

As someone who's doesn't know what you mean would you care to share a bit more? Or is it best left unsaid?!

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Less said the better but the way the CS has managed both theallocation of tickets and more importantly the water it self leaves a lot to be desired.Ah well least they havnt blatently ripped anyone of unlike the previous lease holders :mad: :mad:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!