Shimano Linear ( Manor Farm)

ThePiker

Hi all,

there are 5 of us heading over to Manor Farm in June for 4-5 days.I have been on the their Site a few times,and will visit again for more info nearer the time,but I'm sure a few of you have fished the place before, so can you give me any pointers that I can use,and also pass onto the other guys.Info that I would be interested in would swim selection,depths,worthwile baits,rigs that work well etc etc.This is my first fishing trip outside Ireland( led a sheltered life me!!!) Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance :P:P:P

[ 27. December 2002, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: ThePiker ]

Hi ThePiker, I fished Manor in September 2001, so I don't know what the lastest tactics are. Even so, the bailiffs down there are excellent.

The most used swims are the ones nearest the gate as you walk in as they have access to the water inlet, where water is pumped into the lake from the neighbouring gravel pits. The gallons of water that pour in oxygenate the water an attract the carp. Trouble is that this method has been used for years, so I don't know how relevant that is now.

The other swim that I fished was the point swim, which is diagonaly opposite from the gate. This swim allows you to command a lot of water including the bay next to the swim.

I can't remember the names of the other swims at the mo, I'll have to get back to you on them.

Everyone there was geared for the 'big chuck' and cast to 'rolling' or 'showing' fish, which I did, sometimes the whole 137 yards over to the gravel bank, which is out of bounds. Unfortunately this didn't produce fish! :(

However, the fish come in real close to the margins, and I mean real close!

I used a lot of groundbait and chopped worms about 5 yards out on a clear gravel patch. I left my mixing bowl upside-down half on the bank, half in the water. After casting out and setting up I went to pick the bowl up to wash it out. And as I did so I spooked a good 30lber that was sucking ground bait off the bowl only inches from the waters edge! I'm just glad I took a spare set of underware 'cos it scared the hell out of me!!! :D

The only down side to the Manor was the amount of rats. When I first got there I thought that they were rbbits without ears until I put my glasses on!!!......they are huuuuuge!

I'm going to go through my mags for articles on the manor for you, that's if my missus hasn't chucked them out.

Let me know when your down on the Manor and I'll pop over to see ya, I'm only 35 mins away.

Des,

I haven't been there for a few years now and I do know it gets very busy, especially at w/e's. As gaffer said don't ignore the edges and don't just plump for the swims nearest the gate. I did two nights on the supposed top swim, with the pipe pumping and didn't see a fish all the time. A bloke did a day around the other side of the lake and had a couple of decent fish.

Good luck,

Rob.

Alan,long time no here from...

anyway, I'm sure we will all be keeping an open mind.Would be nice to get a few Tench,but if the carp come along they will be most welcome.

I'll have some of your Solar pop-ups if u don't mind,just in case.... :D

Actually, probably the best way to go about it is, to get the info. off Roy Parsons when you arrive, the head baliff.

Just bring different baits and pre tied rigs or phone him up a week before you go and ask his advice on bait.

Enter your e mail address on their Home Page to keep up to date with the Latest catches.

[ 31. December 2002, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: The Reel Deal ]

"Where There`s Smoke, There`s Salmon"