stalking for carp of the top

j green

hi everyone

i love stalking on all lakes and everytime i go to a lake i have to stalk its the most exiting ways of carp fishing and i think its alot better than alarm fishing and when you see a big carp come up and take a bread or dog buiscuit you get a buzz and does anyone do stalking if so can you give me some advice(i have done it hundreds of times and caught many carp up to 20 pounds)as any one caught any woppers if so how big.

j.green

j green:

... can you give me some advice(i have done it hundreds of times and caught many carp up to 20 pounds)...

My advice would be to keep on doing what you have been doing since it obviously has been working well for you.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Spot on, nothing like stalking one off the top when everyone else on the lake is sat behind motionless buzzers.

Tried a bit of that today when all of a sudden a bay on my club water suddenly filled with approximately 30 carp up to 30lb, so it was a case of reel in the bottom rods and grab the stalker rod, landing net, bait and unhooking mat. Got em feeding ok but got so engrossed in just watching these carp (and a 20+ pike in the margins at my feet) that i didnt even bother casting out :D:D:D and before i knew it they all drifted away again as quick as they came. Truly one of those memorable moments i will never forget.

j green:

hi dante wasent you diapointed when they started going because if i would of seen them then i would of stack my bait in with my atracting baits at first.

Ill be honest i didnt even think about it i was so in awe of the fish, this was the first time on this water i have had the oportunity of watching the carp at close range it was like being a kid all over again, totally spellbound at the sight of them.