Play dough baits?

Stefan

I have made some play dough, flavoured and coloured, for a day carpo fishing, not big fish just around 7lb. Anyway I was sitting the other night thinking about this. It's like paste, is natural ingriedients and can be put on the hook. The only drawback is it dissolves quite quickly.

( I tryed it in my bath) I clocked 28 mins, but it ould be quicker in the water. Also would it harm the fish? If it would i won't use it.

Thanks - Stefan

Why use something totally artificial, when it's just as easy to make up a paste that is nutritious and full of natural attractors?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

• 2 weeks later...

A major constituent of play dough is microcrystalline soft wax & salt (just lick it if you dont believe me!) so dont think it can be too good for a carps' digestive system! Can only think you were fishing a 'hungry' water for this to have been investigated let alone picked up.

As Pete said, if you want to play with your own mixes get yourself a base mix (or a pack of semolina for a cheaper option) and a pack of eggs and have a play! I find mixing my own interesting, relaxing and i get an immense feeling of satisfaction when it all comes together and you're staring at a carp that you've caught using YOUR bait.

Anybody thought to ask him how he made his playdough before jumping on him?

www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/7...875/recip3.html

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

It's ok, I'd probably say the same thing. I actually used spices instead of salt, I don't know which ones but it worked. But to get the texture you need a tiny amount of salt. The only drawback is it weakens in water and is pulled off in about 30 mins. So it's only good for float and short sessions.

Stefan

Peter Sharpe:

Why use something totally artificial, when it's just as easy to make up a paste that is nutritious and full of natural attractors?

Yeah sure. Anglers never use totally artificial baits.

You would never sell stuff like plastic worms, rubber swwetcorn, rubber eels, flys made out of feathers, brass lures, plastic worms, etc, etc.

Strawberry and chocolate muffin flavoured boilies don't exactly grow on trees now do they?

All the ingredients in commercial play-doh are food grade and non toxic. Home made play doh is basically flour, salt, cream of tartar and vegetable oil.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote