Chub Cyfish Extreme Overwrap

Norfolkdan

Norfolkdan:

Has anyone got 1 of these bivvies?

Thinking of getting 1 for my bday, but not sure what they'll be like?

Look forward to hearing from you

I opted for JRC sti because I was told Cyfish had a habit of leaking due to design. Obviously do not know how true that is but maybe someone else on here can elaborate

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

No they don't leak, they are excellent bivvies!

The material for both the STi and the Cyfish are manuractured in China, but BOTH are assembled in the same factory in Sheffield!!!! That is why they are similar!

I also have the Extreme overwrap for it and it created the biggest porch I've ever seen in a bivvy, and this also, incidentally, fits the STi. I have tried it personally!

When you buy a Chub Cyfish it comes with an overwrap anyway, but I prefer a porch!

mpbdsnu:

The material for both the STi and the Cyfish are manuractured in China, but BOTH are assembled in the same factory in Sheffield!!!! That is why they are similar!

I also have the Extreme overwrap for it and it created the biggest porch I've ever seen in a bivvy, and this also, incidentally, fits the STi. I have tried it personally!

When you buy a Chub Cyfish it comes with an overwrap anyway, but I prefer a porch!

I heard it was a design problem where one of the tensioning cords was positioned in such a way that it eventually lead to a "drip" rather than a leak. Not knocking Cyfish, just heard a couple of iffy reports about this "drip" (think it may have been on here). Owner of my local taccie shop recommended the Chub Cyfish and most reports were positive. Like you, I liked the look of the porch and am interested to hear it will fit my JRC STI (one-man) bivvy. See in one of the monthlies JRC have now upgraded the STI to have, of all things, a porch!!!! lots more money of course. So can I buy the Cyfish Extreme (porch) then? is so how much? and from where? Remember asking/shopping around for it before deciding on the JRC

Norfolkdan:

Has anyone got 1 of these bivvies?

Thinking of getting 1 for my bday, but not sure what they'll be like?

Look forward to hearing from you

would've been my next choice if JRC sti not available. Heard it had a design fault leading to a "leak/drip" but see other posts. I don't own one and so really shouldn't comment, just passing on what I'd heard.

mpbdsnu:

Thanks, great info, think I'll be going for that :)

Dan

Hello Polly, just re-read my reply and I may have come across as a bit abrupt which certainly was'nt my intention. So, apologies if I did.

I would be interested to hear about the "tensioning cords" problem, as my Cyfish does'nt have any??? Just a strap that runs across the bottom. Unless the problem came from the piole which runs through three sleeves from front to back? Anyway, I got myself a Trakker frame support system, which amounts to 3x extendable clip on bars which does away with the need for the pole and the associated hassle threading it.

Could it be that Chub have updated the Cyfish in recent times? I have a carp-fishing colleague at work and he used to have a Cyfish and he sold it saying it was too low at the front! Yet mine is fine?

Just a thought. Could have changed a few things?

With regards where to get one, try Tim at England Angling, I know him and he's a good bloke and will answer any questions you may have - also his displayed prices include delivery!

englandangling.co.uk/displayPro...p?prodCode=CD17

That one shows the standard overwrap tyhat comes with the bivvy, however, (by the way, I have the two-man version), I also have the Extreme Overwrap, shown here:

englandangling.co.uk/displayPro...p?prodCode=CD27