carp sack color

red123

hi all, i just picked up 3 big sacks.they are not

exactly carp sacks.but they are very good sized,

fully breathable,and will alow very good water flow through them.the only propblem with them is that the color is a red-orange.would this be a

problem for carp.i mean will this color being

so bright hurt their eyes or scare them.i figured

that it would not be a very big deal because the

water is dark colored.please, someone tell me if it would be alright to use these.

thank you.

hi red would you like to buy some "u"`s we have lots

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry Red, but I see no good reason to sack carp in the first place, let alone using sacks not specifially designed for carp.

For me the sequence is this, catch carp, net it, weigh it, photograph it and release it.

With as little delay as possible.

In any case my club has banned the use of sacks, regardless of the COLOUR

[ 20. September 2002, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: mikeakabigman ]

spoke like a true farnhamite ,did you get that "u" in the elphics sale? ,see there buggering up badshot lea again ,might as well concrete the lot :mad:

[ 20. September 2002, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Do Shakespeare produce blue ones? :)

[ 20. September 2002, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Peter Sharpe ]

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

not so much nowadays ,have to get the mrs to come (unlikely) or a granny sitter ,she has epilepsy (the worst fits in her sleep) have fished the lea since 1974 when day tickets could be bought ,caught the big cat first trip this year so could only get worse :D

we know newt has become anglosised (except for his crummy cajun jokes :D )see you found a "u" :D

red123:

hi all, i just picked up 3 big sacks.they are not exactly carp sacks.but they are very good sized, fully breathable,and will alow very good water flow through them.the only propblem with them is that the color is a red-orange.would this be a

problem for carp.i mean will this color being

so bright hurt their eyes or scare them.i figured

that it would not be a very big deal because the

water is dark colored.please, someone tell me if it would be alright to use these.

thank you.

Red

The main aim of a carp sack is to retain the fish in dark but safe conditions so that it can be kept calm. The sack can therefore if necessary be in fairly shallow water and close to the bank without the fish spooking everytime there's an angler-movement on the bank. If your sacks are soft enough, allow enough water flow and keep out sufficient light then they should be OK. A sack with no light in looks black from the inside anyway!

As for the rights and wrongs of carp sacks - I've possessed a carp sack for about 8 years and it's never got wet yet as I've never actually found mysef in a situation where I needed it. I've always carried it 'just in case' and will continue to do so, but I think I'd only ever use it if I felt it was going to help the health of the fish. Anglers in the UK have really moved away from retaining big fish in recent years, so much so that multi-fish trophy shots will now attract criticism. The real emphasis is on getting the fish returned as quickly as possible. As with so many aspects of UK angling however we have those who fervently believe that all use is wrong and they'll argue endlessly and loudly with those who believe there is nothing wrong with it. Those like myself who believe that sensible use does no harm keep our heads down in the middle :D

At the end of the day however it's your water in your country and it's your decision as and when you use them. Don't let our wierd angling morals and self-righteous attitudes to King Carp put you off what you need to do :)

[ 20. September 2002, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: davidP ]

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.