Carp and their behaviour

lonsdalepark

Having recently viewed a Korda dvd, which towards the end featured footage of fish feeding underwater, I was wondering if anyone had seen similar? The dvd was volume 2, lent from a friend, and if there is anyone out there who knows the contents of volume 1? I have to say the main content of the dvd did not appeal to me as a traditionalist angler, but the behaviour of the ever intelligent carp towards and with other fish was very intriguing. The intelligence displayed by the fish (espeacially the tench) was amusing. And is a good way to learn the lesson of patience, the fish play with a bait so much, you simply have to leave it on its own to give the fish time. Any other infomation about the behaviours of fish would be most interesting.

Thanks, tight lines,

Emma

I have not had a chance yet to look at any of the video footage of fish feeding under water but from all I read, it is interesting and I'm looking around for media. Shame I couldn't play yours even if I had it though.

a traditionalist angler - not quite sure what that means. Would you explain?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt Ive been able to get US vidios transfered to our format here in the UK you must surely be able to get the same done over there? It can work out expensive but if you share the cost of the initial vidio and the re formatting amongst a few friends (who dare I say can then each have a copy!) it works out ok.Check it out and if you can then I will gladly get any UK vids you want and send over.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Thanx Budgie.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

KORDA STATE OF THE ART UNDERWATER CARP FISHING PART 1 ARE :

How does a spod full of bait land on the bottom ?

When do they feed on it ?

What is the right ammount of bait to introduce and how important is location ?

Do carp and tench feed diffrently ,are the tench reallt as cute as we have been told ?

Do the carp really muscle the tench out or will they feed together ?

How much bait do the nuisance fish eat and does the whole spod mix get to the bottom ?

What is the reaction to pop ups ?

Do they pick out their favourites from the spod mix or are they indiscriminate ?

What is the fishes reaction to a slow sinking bottom bait and is a bait hard on the botttom less or more effective ?

Does the tubing spook the fish and does the colour of the lead system make a diffrence ?

How does a stiff rig work underwater and how does a combi rig act differently ?

hope that helps also newt if you are getting it on dvd check if your dvd player has a region hack or is multi region it could save you a lot of grief