Meshing hookbait

Neal

Here is a nice "how & why to" article.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Neal,

It's a pain in the backside and I would rather use very hard boilies. Either made with something like granite mix <hookbaits only> or for pop ups, something like solars popup mix. Meshing can be used if you don't have very hard baits but it is fiddly and I find it's no use just tying the mesh up, you need to actually sew it up, going through the material. If you don't then crayfish will pull the mesh off.

Best advice is not to fish waters with crays in :D - unless of course there's very big carp as well.

Rob.

I followed the link of Gaffers <silly not to really> and I remembered reading about this bait before. Now as I am very thorough I scoured the net and read every review on it I could find . The bait is very well documented and has some rave reviews, one article I read one bloke kept the same hook bait on for about 12 hours and had three fish on it . Now two intersting questions for you lot. 1) Is the Berkley power bait considered a boile and be allowed to be fished on a NO BOILIE allowed lake? 2) Whats the view on the artificile boilies now rearing their head? The artificle sweetcorn has had some results. Food for thought <pardon the pun> :D Reading the reviews I may take a few tubs of the Berkley bait over to France as I cannot see myself tying hairnets around little 20 - 25 mm bitsof bait!!! :mad:

[ 24. February 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Neal ]

Neal:

Now two intersting questions for you lot. 1) Is the Berkley power bait considered a boile and be allowed to be fished on a NO BOILIE allowed lake? 2) Whats the view on the artificile boilies now rearing their head?  

1) No it's definately not a boilie, not even in shape.

2) Artificial boilies have been around for years, but not commercially. Things like drilled stones, coloured ping pong balls, hardened putty, carved wood, cork balls, balls out of roller deoderants, etc, etc, have all been tried. Some worked, but it was a lot of effort. For me the Berkley naturals solved so many problems.

P.S. When are we getting together then Neal, fancy it?

Gaffer - the goo they are selling in the UK is completely different than the new Berkley Carp Bait offering over here. Yours looks great while ours is a pretty ho-hum dough bait with some particles mixed in.

So - where can I buy some of this stuff?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Gaffer yep I still fancy a trip out with you give me a couple of weeks or so as I am starting a new job in three weeks, maybe five weeks. Looking forward to the short drive to Oxforshire so you can show me some tips :D:D As for the Berkley bait I am def going to take a tub or two over to France with me, gotta get a bloody rucksack now Arghhhhhhhhhhh will it never end? :mad: I have worked out that I cannot get all my gear plus the clothes etc I will need for the week away in my Carryall. Looks like a 110 litre rucksack as I will need to take my hair dryer and stuff The NashSpeedloader rucksack looks the biz, any views? I would be able toget my dressing gown in that as well :D

1440.jpg

[ 25. February 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Neal ]

Have just looked at endtackle.com and found on the rig bits page right at the bottom something called JAILBAITS. It's a plastic cover that covers the boile before you tie it to the hair. Looks as if it would never work :confused: :confused: If you want to have a look at it it's here, bottom entry and then click view to see the strange contraption.

Stange little thing!