building up a swim

frodo_uk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhha just noticed lol

May be 8 years but priciples of feeding/building a peg do not change.

Since my post all that time ago I have been lucky to have had the pleasure of watching several species of fish feeding in clear water.

Its amazing how a baited hook gets ignored amoung the loose feed or sucked in and spat out in milliseconds.

If too much bait is going in its also worth noting that fish soon fill themselves up and the shoul drifts away much more quickly that you would imagine.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Thank you finding a way to express these nagging questions that I (and maybe a lot of others) have. Liking the answers so far!

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one not catching anything other than the stupid little rudd and gudgeon that a child would catch!

Thank you finding a way to express these nagging questions that I (and maybe a lot of others) have. Liking the answers so far!

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one not catching anything other than the stupid little rudd and gudgeon that a child would catch!

You're not alone m8, I've started fishing a new fisheries and caught nothing but little Bream or small Perch all day just for the match guys turn up at half four and continually pull in carp and big Bream two pegs away from me :(

Since my post all that time ago I have been lucky to have had the pleasure of watching several species of fish feeding in clear water.

Its amazing how a baited hook gets ignored amoung the loose feed or sucked in and spat out in milliseconds.

If too much bait is going in its also worth noting that fish soon fill themselves up and the shoul drifts away much more quickly that you would imagine.

I to have had that pleasure and that's where my post came from. With no shot any where near your hook the bait falls at a natural pace and this is what I think fish in the know look for, do you agree?

i think phone would argue that was down to the types of metal on your rig (hook, shot, swivel) creating electric currents being repulsive or an attractant. there was a post discussing it but i forget which one it was.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Fair enuff, but one I will say (probably due to my lack years) is that I am catching plenty with whatever metal my hooks are and always have been does that mean my hooks are the attractor or is it the method that I use :P .

Darren.