Advice For A Beginner

Elton

Posted on behalf of Ian:

quote:

Hi

I have just started Carp fishing at Frimley pits. I am finding it hard. No carp yet, just Tench. I will start to catch, I hope. I'm reading as much as I can.

My first question is what is the best tactics to use as winter draws in ? I have read a single bait approach is best, is this good advice.

Secondly I am going to purchase new rods etc soon. I have a limited budget, I've seen the Badger kits and I am interested in their 3 rod upgrade kit for £199.  Is this kit okay to start me off and are Badger products as good as they say?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ian

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hello Ian,All the reports seem to indicate Badger tackle is good I personally have never used it.It's allways a good idea to speak to your local tackle dealer to see what special offers they may or maynot have.As for baits in winter its allways adviseable to speak to the lads that are fishing your water to find out what flovour boilies work best. I would think a fishmeal boilie something like Kipper and Garlic flavour in a 16mm Size. Once you've made a choice of flavour stick with it I'm sure you'll find the fish will come to it eventually.Remember it gets harder to catch in winter!!! Speak to your locals do your homework and enjoy!!!

Tight lines. Mad marine

hi ian

i dont know about badger tackle,but i would advise you to buy the best tackle you possibly can ,this usually works out better in the long run.regards bait i have recently changed to nutrabaits four seasons mix which is giving awesome results,this seems to work better as the water temp drops,good luck for the winter

stevie b

I have been using the the badger carp rods a bit this season,as i only do a little carp fishing and they are fine.As for their rod pod absolute rubbish.It is light and one of the uprights snapped the first time i used it. I have 2 shimano hyperloop rods aswell which are excellent and you can buy a pair for 60 quid. Reels,what you can afford but if you want a good budget baitrunner then the new Okuma enforcer is quality for the money(a pair will cost you under 60 quid).Bite alarms start from a £6 upwards depending on what you want and how serious you are. I would recommend you buy a good rod pod especially if you are going to be fishing in the winter and in the wind(some blow over to easily).Hope this helps you a bit

Paul