Soaking Baits

Elton

i will soak boillies in either CSL or salmon oil or even both for maybe a month or so before hand. They smell rotten but i seem to catch more on them. I also take a few pots of the oil with me and if needs be ill just dip normal boillies in one fore a few seconds prior to casting when i do this i also soak the hooklink in the dip as this absorbs alot more flavour/scent than the boillie will in this short time

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

I've been playing around with glugged up Halibut boilies fished over a bed of halibut pellet and I have to say that since I've started fishing the soaked baits my catch rates have clearly gone up.

These baits go a lot lighter in colour after 2 or 3 hours but keep a good fishy smell about them.