linetwist

Geoff johnson

quote:

Originally posted by Common 40: Line twist is usually caused by use of clutch or baitrunner facility, if possible try to play your fish using backwind,
and when setting up rods etc leave the bailarm open rather than the baitrunner.

hope this helps.

Well there's something I'm guilty of everytime I set up. That's got to be the tip of the day, well to be precise the tip of 29th Jan.

Nice one, sorry for hoofing these old threads BTW - it's the 1st time since my return to this site I've had a look at the older threads, there's some great info tucked away down here. I shall have a peruse down here before posting a new topic in future. :)

1. Try to use the baitrunner and clutch as little as possible as these create line twist

2. Make sure that when you are loading spool on you are taking it off the spool the right way(wind some on, thne peel it off and if it is very kiny, turn the spool over and try it again, and whichever shows less twist when you are pulling it off is the correct way)

*or*

spool you line by putting the bulk spool in a bucket of water

3. Once your line has been loadied, open the bail arm, and on such as a field or park, run out as much line a possible. Then wind it in, giving a little tension between ur finger and thumb. It is believed that the grass "combs" the line and gets rid of twist.

Then use the baitrunner at a minimum, for say tackling up, open the bail arm, and try not to allow your clutch to turn asyou are winind in, as this can put twist into the line(i.e, make sure your clutch is set correctly, so that the clutch is not ticking when you are winding)

hope this helps, nige

Whatever floats your boat...

See how I float mine, here