Best Line for Shimano's

BigAlanD

Hi I'm a virtual virgin at the Carp Game.

What I need to know is what would be the best line for my (newish bought of Ebay) Shimano 10000XTE's?

I'm Using these with Fox Rangemasters which have a TC of 1.75Ib

Cheers for any advice you can give.

P.S. I do sometimes fish the method so I guess a line strength of 12Ib would be best? Maybe more but I would love to know what everyone out there think's is the best make of line.

Regards

Alan

matey it would all depend on the water yoru fishing, if its clear of snags then i woudl sugest 12lb GT60 or even GT80 :)

if theres snags around and big weed beds, might pay to step up to 15lb.

there are so many lines out there ESP, SHimano Technium, GT series its hard to choose, as a general tho i would say 12lb, should cater for all of your fishing :D

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Go for whatever line you usually use. I use Berkely big game in 15lb but then I'm fishing a pretty weedy water. With a 1 3/4 rod you won't need line any stronger than 10-12lb unless it's weedy - in which case you probably need a stronger rod.

Rob.

I saw some Berkely Big Game 12Ib Line going cheap on Ebay - I may well have a go bidding on it - I guess it will do for Carp fishing?

Thanks for the advice peeps - any more would be cool

Tight Lines

Al

Those rods would really be ideally suited to a line of no more than 10 or 11 lbs bs. Save yourself a lot of un-necessary expense and go for Daiwa Sensor. The 10 lb bs will probably break at around 12 lbs anyway.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

12lb is about right for general carp fishing in open water. Your rods will not handle lines any heavier. I am using 12lb ESP mono on my 1 3/4 test curve rod which I use for short/medium open water,floater and close range margin fishing.

I would fill your spool about a quarter full with some cheap backing line or electrical tape because your reels are designed for casting a fair old distance but your rods are not.

I would not worry about line make as most are good these days and the things they claim on the spool are just a sales pitch (see DG's line threads from last month).

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!