Boilies buy or make?

dazler

dazler:

sound good to me JDW

as for the gear required any to stay clear of or are they all worthy ie bait rolling stuff and the sausage guns? do you mix the base mix by hand or a mixer?

Given JD's previous post about getting the beers in etc, I can feel an invite from Dazzler coming asking if I want to check out his sausage gun & help him roll his boilies.

Ive made my own bait for over 25 years.It is both cheaper and more importantly gives you control over the finnished product.

JDW's remarks re getting together with a mate/mates to roll up the seasons bait are very true.When we had a closed season this was one of the many tasks that would pass away the days.

I always used to mix and roll by hand but after seeing a couple of my mates proffesional set up (GB Baits) I invested in a large rolling table and bait gun.Certainly saves time.

These days I get my bait for nothing so the only ones I make up myself now are pop ups.

Understanding baits make ups etc used to be a big part of the carp learning curve now most just seem to use a bait whats name apeals to them!.....regardless of its make up.

If I had too would I still make all of my own bait? in all honesty even though I think it was worth doing and learned from it,unless it was for finnancial reasons I very much doubt it!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!