You're all invited...

Just coming in on this thread I saw some of the "Nests" you refer to and the ones I saw were inhabited by bass. Not sure which sort (? largemouth?) but certainly bass. The ones I saw were at the lake at Seaworld by the big lift thingy!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JMW:

Newt,

What methods would you recomend trying for these fish as the lake is never fished and seems to have alot in it?

There's an article by Mr Bagwell on just this very topic here

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

As a further thought on the above, I've caught a few species of tilapia in Africa that are very similar in habit to the US bass, and more often than not they attack a lure not as food but simply because it's in their territory and they want it out. You'll possibly experience a lot of hits without connecting because the fish is simply charging the lure rather than swallowing it. In these instances a worm drawn slowly across the nest normally does the trick (although the purists will hate you) :D

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Chris - largemouth. Smallies do it deeper and in rock.

davidP - exactly the reason I recommended soft-plastic crays & salamanders. Egg eaters and the fish hate em. The hits will be mostly "protect the nest" things but a bass seems to think it might as well make a meal while protecting.

But certainly a worm will attract most times. And we are real shy on purists over here except for a few fluff-for-trout folks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President