Backleads 2!!

carping_mad

Some times you know you are going to get drop back indication ie when fishing tyight up to a feature where the carp can only come towards you.Other times its just pot luck.Because of this I always ensure that I have good indication of drop backs.

The problem Andi speaks about is normally easily sorted by using heavy indicators and keeping everything as tight as possible.Im not a lover of tight lines going through the swim so the good old back lead helps here.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Andi:

One other thing though myself and my fishing partner have also had situations where the carp have moved both hook and fixed lead system round (on a clay bottomed lake) to almost 90 degrees from its starting point before any bite was detected at the rod end

Andi - I don't mean any disrespect here, but one thing puzzles me? How do you KNOW that the above has been moved "almost 90%" BEFORE any indication?

:)

No disrespect taken either, the reason we know this because on recieving some bite detection and striking / tightening into the fish the lines totally in the wrong place compaired to where we have originally cast too (the lake in question is quite long and narrow) and the fish has been several swims away and yet there has been little or no movement on the swingers and i do tend to sit on the rods and strike at any indication regardless, its difficult to explain and i hope i have managed it if not sorry but it will have to wait as i am off to norfolk fishing for the next couple of days (just waiting for my brother to arrive as i type this )