1st timers 1st time

Fresh Fish

Well, If you wanted a laugh you should have come down to pagham this afternoon, me and a mate had our first attempt at sea angling, something I have always wanted to do, and being a local to the beach my whole life i gave it a go.

So what happened, I had a good time, but it was comical, advice is welcome.

1. My casting is awful, and my technique Mr bean like, probably not more than 20-30m from the shore.

2. My bait presentation was just as bad, and often came off, I was using rag worm, no elastic, or bait needles

3. my line snapped mid cast and I lost a 2-hook flapper and a 6Oz gripper

at this point we quit fishing and practiced casting and my friends reel broke, on his beach caster, so we decided that we would get our little spinners out and head down the harbour, even though it is a bit early and practice spinning, he lost a lovely lure and the top 3rd of his rod followed. I was in stiches, he saw the funny side, and we wondered what you guys would have said had you witness such a shambles.

We are not put off, we had fun getting to know our kit, however we are in need of some pointers, ada your advise is great cheers.

any advise is welcome, if any of you are fishing pagham and would like some company, I'll bring the flask etc.

Any way, I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Peace

Be Happy!

I sympathise!

I gave a talk at Pagham Yacht Club a month ago and I've promised 'the management' that I'd do some practical stuff on the beach (evenings) in April/May.

You might like to contact Chris Lovell at the Yacht Club.

:rolleyes:

me and a mate had our first attempt at sea angling,

I bet he is a good looking chap! ;)

at this point we quit fishing and practiced casting and my friends reel broke, on his beach caster, so we decided that we would get our little spinners out and head down the harbour, even though it is a bit early and practice spinning, he lost a lovely lure and the top 3rd of his rod followed. I was in stiches, he saw the funny side, and we wondered what you guys would have said had you witness such a shambles.

Reel replaced without a fuss so I'm ready to head out again.

We are not put off, we had fun getting to know our kit, however we are in need of some pointers, ada your advise is great cheers.

Yea, if anyone about this way would like to meet up one afternoon we'll bring the beer. :fishing::marinheiro:

As a died in the wool coarse angler i fancied getting into sea fishing and joined the sea section of my fishing club. I have gone out on a few boat trips and have a few more booked for this year. I found the people i fished with to be very helpful and generous with their time, albeit with a bit of leg pulling at my expense but that does not bother me. i also bought a book on beginning sea fishing. i had done some sea fishing before but that was usually with coarse gear on holiday going for mullet. When using heavy leads and you are casting a long way ie beach fishing and uptiding you learn the benefits of a shock leader. Also there is a lot to learn about tides etc. and a bit of help from someone experienced is always good. So my advice find a local sea club or club with a sea section and join. it will bring on your fishing leaps and bounds.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Took my daughters boyfriend fishing sunday, not only is he a fish virgin also a boat and wrecking one as well. Spent the morning with him showing the art. Result is, photograph of his very first fish, he went on to catch six in total to double figures. I think he is now hooked and can't wait to go again. good thing for me is the skipper Chris Caines told me he noted that he wasn't taught any bad habits, as some more experianced ones on the boat were missing bites by striking rather than just winding, so that made me rather pleased as well.

mikesfirst.jpg

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Yet another virgin, no not that sort. Took my mates mate out who has never been wrecking before. So she was rather pleased with her first one. She kept saying 'it's huge' Good on you girl. :)

firsttimewrecking.jpg

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent a very pleasent two days with Chris Caines at weymouth. Plenty of fish on the boat for all. More important there are two more fishing virgins who both managed to get pollack into double figures. This time it was down to the skippers mate who kindly spent a lot of time with them, even patiantly re-setting thier end gear when lost on the wrecks. So the result was more than two to each of them plus one codling. They are obviously travelling home tonight very happy. The guy in the middle isn't a virgin fisherman, however he is pleased with his double figure pollack as well. thanks all.

weymouthwithChrisCaines.jpg

and we had a pound each on the biggest fish, handed over by the skipper Chris Caines. Good fun it was.

thewinnings.jpg

Edited by barry luxton