ATTV

Ziffy

Erik - thank you for the ECHO link. Interesting material in a number of ways.

As a suggestion though, the language of some of the text on the site needs work.

Some gramatical errors and some of the wording will probably detract a bit from the message the organization is trying to pass along to non-members looking in.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hi newt, am not personally involved with echo although strong believer in what they are trying to achieve.

in what way did you find the wording detracted from the message? purely semantics or something more fundamental in the tone etc.

am sure any suggestions to clarify would be appreciated especially from those non-members looking in so to speak, obviously those who the site aims at.

cheers

erik

edit note - sent you a PM. Don't want to hijack this thread - Newt

[ 10. September 2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

Hi Ziffy.

Lakes with good disabled access are the Withy Pool in Telford Town Park, and to some extent, the Blue Pool next door to it.

Both hold carp to 25lb, with a few upper doubles. Not many of them, but they're nice fish. Both pools contain some clonking bream and tench, up to 9lb. There are catfish to 24lbs, which tend to move around from one pool to the other, so be prepared for them because you might get winched in!

Other pools, that hold lots of carp, with good disabled access are the Dandy, Widewaters, and Castle Pools in Little Dawley. I had a 20lber out of the Dandy Pool,although they average between 4-10lbs.

Get on there in the winter for bigger catches than you'd get on there in the summer. Early spring can be mega if you get the place to yourself. Any tactics will work, but method feeders are best.

Other waters with good disabled access are the Stirchley Pools, or Hinkshay Pools.

There is a top and bottom pool, both holding some good carp. The bottom pool is my 'study water' the water is gin clear and you can find the fish all year around. I catch well on sweetcorn when stalking, just one or two feet from the bank with a very slack line.

Keep quiet and fish close in and you will catch.

The fish in both pools average around 8lb, but there are some 20lb surprises in both. Up to 28lb in the bottom pool, a fish i have seen and had my rig spat out by on various occasions.

Both pools contain lots of other species, including the blackest bream you'll ever witness.

Fish are also susceptible to pop-ups fished on zig rigs, and I even caught a 2lb tench on a 5 foot zig in the depths of winter!