A new lake

col

i fished a new lake this weekend with a freind of mine its about 8 acres and i belive it to have a fairly low stock of carp but with some really big ones there i didnt expect to catch on the first sesion so im going to try again the weekend coming i tried singles heavy baiting in an area the method feeder and pva bags just wondering if anyone knows of any other options i could try also its hard to find the fish because of the boat disturbance during the day and the fish dont really show themselves any help would be appreciated cheers lads .

That's funny mate I fished a similar place at the weekend with my mate too, and he tried all those things you did, as well as trying s**rce boilies at medium range catapulted into position. :D:D

I've got it Col! Take a rake and a shed load of mixed particles...baiting and waiting might be the key :D:D:D

Were you accompanied by the sweet sounds of Jools Holland followed by a firework display?

[For those who ain't cottoned on, its the same lake, and its hidden away in a lovely little spot that not many people know about ]

Me and Col were serenaded with jazz and blues stuff all night by Mr Holland who happened to be playing a mile down the road, but he sounded like he was at the other end of the lake. Top stuff.

I wont mention Col's dancing :D

On these sorts of waters I find location is even more important than usual - certainly more so than the bait or method. If you haven't already done so I'd thoroughly explore all the features to find such things as changes in depth and weedbeds etc. It also helps to establish the nature of the bottom as this will suggest what baits and rigs are likely to work best.

I'd also find out what the regulars use. All other things being equal, I'd then do the complete opposite - especially if I'm told something never works on the water! The fish may never have seen a particular bait or presentation, and if you use something novel you could well be onto an immediate winner.

Good luck!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

We are the regulars!

Not fished much.

Done quite a lot of feature finding and altho we're on the fish the fish aren't on the bait.

Naturals would be suicide as well...for obvious reasons. :confused:

We;ll get there. Never given up on nethin yet :)