carp surfers

carpking

Hi Gaffer and thanks for the mention of the cork ball. To be honest I've had some in my kit for a couple of years but have never felt confident to use them. I think to myself that I will give it a try when I find the carp in a feeding frenzy but since I purchased the cork it has never happened. I will try it this year when the weather warms up a bit.

Well I hope Carpking has received some help from all the replies, I know I have and I wasn't asking for it. As I said to Newt, you are never to old to learn and there is no doubt in my mind that the carp are becoming better educated too.

All the Best

Bill

Bill Dingley:

As I said to Newt, you are never to old to learn and there is no doubt in my mind that the carp are becoming better educated too.

And ain't it fun to have all this information so readily available. I have learned more technical stuff about all sorts of angling in the past 3-4 years with internet forums than in the previous 50+ I'd been fishing and learning from just what I saw and did.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hello all ,the method i like to use for surface fishing is the floating method feeder , loaded with 3-4oz of method mix ie: salmon-crumb, hemp, corn, maggots ..... and so on what ever you like really , it will cast as far as the eye can see , atached underneath i'll use 4-6" of e.s.p size 10-12 nash phang hook and a nice juicy fat lob worm ,if you can get it in a shoul the fish will go nuts for it . i used this method to great affect banking 22 carp in one weekend it was brilliant nothing big mainly lower doubles 10's -16lbs but all the same it was good fun