My 1st French trip

Mald

if i were you i would take more boilies with as it has already been stated that it is very hard to find anything to do with fishing in france, me my brother and uncle went to a lake called la rosseou 3 years ago and between us we took 50kgs of boilies and over 250kgs of pellet hemp particles and mazie and by the sixth day we had nearly ran out because the fish were having it of something large(over 150 fish betwen 6lb-29lb) so you should rethink the amount of bait you are taking with you.

make sure you have a good french map book(michelin is top notch) watch you speed out there and remember their speed signs are in kph not mph and don't drink water from the taps only drink bottled water

dreamof40:

if i were you i would take more boilies with as it has already been stated that it is very hard to find anything to do with fishing in france, me my brother and uncle went to a lake called la rosseou 3 years ago and between us we took 50kgs of boilies and over 250kgs of pellet hemp particles and mazie and by the sixth day we had nearly ran out because the fish were having it of something large(over 150 fish betwen 6lb-29lb) so you should rethink the amount of bait you are taking with you.

make sure you have a good french map book(michelin is top notch) watch you speed out there and remember their speed signs are in kph not mph and don't drink water from the taps only drink bottled water

I have never had any problems finding tackle in France. Look for a 'Decathlon' and you should find heaps of reasonably priced tackle. My local Decathlon in Mondeville (Caen) has got MUCH more tackle than Poindestres in Southampton. In fact you could probably put all of Poindestres in one aisle.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments.

I'm off on my trip now so I will let you all know how I did on my return and hopefully have a picture or 2 to post.