Weird no??

Cizza

hey everyone!!

i know its a bit late but sure theres sum1 online. So ,just wonderin whats the weirdest thing any1s ever caught i've heard tales of ghoast cat fish and golden gudjeon but the weirdest thing ive actually caught was a clam followed closely by a terripin. how bout u guys and gals???????

Viva La Fishing

treacle ni Slicks

A swan mussel during a winter league match on the Shropshire Union - very positive bite on double bloodworm.

A condom whilst night fishing on the Llangollen Canal at Grindley Brook (just below where the boats moor up for the night). Unhooked very gingerly!

A fertiliser sack whilst fishing at Buildwas on The Severn. Thought I had the mother of all barbel on. Took me 15 minutes before I even saw it (the river was slightly in flood) and the air was as blue as the sack once I did! Saw the funny side in the end and althugh it fought a valiant fight I'm afraid I knocked it on the head and didn't return it!.

Fishing Lake Nasser at night with fish baits for Vundu, kept getting bitten off despite using 40lb Drennan Seven-strand wire. The trace would come in frayed to pieces and no hook. Eventually managed to land the culprit (with a single strand left uncut) - a freshwater puffer fish! I've got a photo somewhere - I'll see if I can find it tomorrow :)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

jesus a puffer!!

How big?? wot did u do with it ?? i work in an aquatics shop and thers three varietys that we sell figure of 8 spotted and giant puffers i happen to have a load in my tank. The giant ones sell at £45 each and the smaller varietys are anywhere from £3 to £10. if u have got a photo id love to se it!!

E-mail Ci_ofly@Hotmail.com

treacle ni Slicks

puffer.JPG

Note the wire trace damage in the top photo and the teeth that did it. And this was a small one we caught during a lunch break. We caught them at least twice the size of this at night!

ps apologies for all the white - didn't realise the scanner had left it in until too late and I'm too tired to bother sorting it out now!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a 10lb+ terrapin

terrapin1.jpg

but the weirdest has to ba a sack containing very large 'ladies' underwear and a stack of transvestite magazines. Unfortunately all the pages were stuck together :):)

Paul Singleton

The strangest well not so strange but suprising catch i've ever had and my personal best wieght has to be a sea turtle i don't know the exact wieght but estimated 20lb. This was when i lived in the middle east in a small country called Qatar on a beach called umsiad (excuse the spelling) To be honest i never actually caught it it had a leg tangled on my line so after bringing it in i carefully untangled and checked for damage and then released it. that is one day i wish i had a camera with me.