Manor Farm Lakes @ Lower Caldecote, Nr Biggleswade.

Polly

Anyone fished these lakes?

Me and a couple of mates popping over to check them out tomorrow afternoon with a view to doing a quick 24 hour session at the end of this month.

Have read their website and e-mailed them but ant other help,tips and information welcome.

cheers - Phil

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Hi Phil, Fished it once and some time ago. Nice quiet place. Water very clear and lots of weed. I only ever caught bream though. Would like to have put more time in but as I live in Lancs and was supposed to be visiting family. well you know how it is?

costers:

Hi Phil, Fished it once and some time ago. Nice quiet place. Water very clear and lots of weed. I only ever caught bream though. Would like to have put more time in but as I live in Lancs and was supposed to be visiting family. well you know how it is?

Had a quick squint on Saturday, not overly impressed. Nice lakes and apparently good stock of 20's and hopefully a few 30's but pegs VERY close and opposite. Still unsure and would appreciate others views

I don't fish there but I know quite a few guys from my local tackle shop do. Apparently it's pretty easy but fish are generally small. Don't know about it ever doing a 30, some of the weights reported are perhaps a little 'high'.

Oh and it will probably be pretty busy at w/e's especially in the 'closed season'

Rob.

[ 12. April 2005, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: RobStubbs ]

RobStubbs:

I don't fish there but I know quite a few guys from my local tackle shop do.  Apparently it's pretty easy but fish are generally small.  Don't know about it ever doing a 30, some of the weights reported are perhaps a little 'high'.

Oh and it will probably be pretty busy at w/e's especially in the 'closed season'

Rob.

Roy, I spoke with a lady called Sue, she was the owner (I think!!). Didn't say 30's had paid a visit to the bank yet but said at least one was stoack and some big 20's were known to be lurking in both lakes which may well have grown on by now.

I think this is the same place that yeilded the 37lbs pike to that young lad a few weeks back???

Had a few social trips there over the last few Closed Seasons. Nice easy access and comfortable pegs but apart from a social don't think I would pay it much attention.

As for the alleged 30's they have been in there waiting to be caught for at least 4 years, ermm still waiting.

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Andy Thatcher:

Had a few social trips there over the last few Closed Seasons. Nice easy access and comfortable pegs but apart from a social don't think I would pay it much attention.

As for the alleged 30's they have been in there waiting to be caught for at least 4 years, ermm still waiting.

Think I get the drift!!!!

Andy Thatcher:

Oi Andy you nicked my bird Or my osprey to be be precise ?

Rob.